Sunday, November 05, 2006

Winter draws on, part two.

Here I am, on top of Hollins hill for the first time. I think, judging by the path, it has been open for a while now, but it felt good to finally be able to go up there, and it afforded some wondeful, new views of the Hollinsclough area.



This is looking back along Hollins hill.



These are the reef knolls. If you click on the picture to enlarge it, I have named them.
This is the upper Dove valley, last week (posting below), I walked in the middle section beyond Hartington.



There is an old wives tale that says if the holly bears a lot of berries, we will have a hard winter. Better batten down the hatches then, according to this!


This is a nice view with the brown bracken and the reef knolls.

This rather OTT ornate metal gate is in the valley near Hollinsclough village. Quite why it was deemed neccessary to have such a thing is a mystery?


I had a little visitor while I ate my lunch in the village. I gave her a few crumbs, but didn't get an egg in return! It was here that I ran out of steam and made my way back to the car. Hopefully, I'll be better for next week, and get a few more pictures.





No comments: